Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Quahog Mile

The Quahog Mile...sounds interesting, right?

This is my newest race and I thought I would highlight it here, in this blog, that 10 people read.

The main purpose of this race is for people to run fast!  An opportunity for people to run a fast mile and a fast mile that is not all downhill.

If you are familiar with the 5k course in Goddard Memorial State Park, then you will be familiar with the course I am using for The Quahog Mile.

The race will start at the 1 mile mark of the 5k course and will run in reverse from the 1 mile mark to the starting line.  That means that the course is FAST.  It is basically flat with a fast last 300 meters.

Look at that finish!


Here are some of the race details.

Entry:  Pre-Registration until 5/8/14 – $10  - Day of registration $20

Pint glasses to the first 125 entries

Awards:
Top 5 Male/Female Overall  - Minimum Prize fund of $300/$150/$100/$50/$25
More entries equals more PRIZE MONEY! so spread the word!

Age Groups: Top Male/Female
6 & under, 7-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Merchandise/Gift Certificate Awards!

Team Awards:
- Open Team-Top 3 on team score (Cumulative Time)

Since it is Mother’s Day, there are two team divisions, just for moms!
- Top Mother/Daughter Team (Cumulative Time)
- Top Mother/Son Team (Cumulative Time)

As you can see I have a decent amount of prize money...so tell your fast friends to come down to Rhode Island in May and try pick up some cash!

And of course there will be team awards!

Please help out and spread the word...I am hoping for a good turn out and the more people that register the more fun the race will be.

Also...know anyone that owns a business or is super wealthy?  Tell them to shoot me an email at bob [at] better-pace.com and we can talk sponsorship!

If you have any recommendations for the race...you can shoot me an email too!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great turnout. I'm on the fence currently (depends on my schedule and of course it's Mother's Day) but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Mother's Day date is a good thing and a bad thing. Good for moms that like to run the race! Bad for some others. I only had 3 dates to choose from and that one conflicted the least! Hope you can make it....there are a few WTAC guys already signed up.

      Delete
  2. This race looks awesome. I'll see if I can convince a few Massachusetts friends to come down for the race...but I'll probably only tell the slower ones. I've never run at Goddard, so I'm curious about the the terrain. Dirt trails? Grass? Roads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris...it is road. http://www.better-pace.com/the-quahog-mile/

      I made a Strava segment as well. http://www.strava.com/segments/4793771

      Delete