Since it is ENDURrun week and I only started this blog the year before the last ENDURrun I ran, so I never did any posts about it, I thought I would link to Brad Cunningham's blog from 2006.
It was fun reading these posts during the event that year, getting a story every night from the guy I was racing.
The race has come a long way since that year, which was the lowest turnout ever for the event...
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
The 2018 Run with the Beavers Trail Race has come and gone. This year the race served as the USATF-NE Trail Championship and was also in the USATF ATR and WMAC Grand Tree Series. I feel like overall the race was a great success. Here are a few takeaways.
- Lots of people! I had approximately 374 people signed up for the race this year, yet in the results there were only 271 finishers! 176 in the 10 mile and 95 in the 5 mile. I had more than 50 people tell me prior to the race they wouldn’t be there, so that still leaves a whole bunch of no shows.
- There were 11 states represented in the pre-registrations. Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia.
- There were 16 teams represented.
- Both the male and female 10 mile course records were broken. As was the male 5 mile record.
- 300+ flags were put out on the 5ish mile loop. That is an average of a flag every 0.017 miles or every 90 feet or so. (Obviously this # is skewed because of flag clusters on turns) But, there are a lot of flags on the course.
- We went through around 40 gallons of water.
- I am still in search for a large inflatable beaver…please find one for me.
- Check out the FULL RESULTS
|See you next year!|