Friday, January 5, 2018

The 2017 that wasn't?

I wasn't going to do any "year end" post, but I liked the stat section of Jeff Walker's blog, so I decided to copy him a bit!  This was not a great year of running for me.  I never felt like I was ready to run a good race and just managed to get through the USATF-NE Grand Prix Series!  At least that was the one goal I had for the year and I accomplished it.  Here are some numbers for my year...as close as I could figure!
Grog & Dog win # 8


  • Races run: 19
  • Race breakdown by terrain: Road - 13, Trail - 2, Indoor Track - 1, CX - 3
  • Race wins: 1
  • Miles run: 2,494.2 mi - Lowest year since 2013
  • Elevation run: 76,398 ft
  • Most elevation gain in a single run: 1,669 ft
  • Time run: 307h 43m
  • Days run: 306
  • Lowest mileage week: 9.4 (pneumonia)
  • Highest mileage week: 91.3 (S-S) - 90.9 (M-S)
  • Highest mileage day: 26.7 (marathon and WU)
  • Longest running streak: 39 days
  • Longest non-running streak: 3 days
  • Number of segment CRs: 5
  • Number of states run in: 5
  • Number of countries run in: 2
  • Run furthest from home: Mexico



CMS @ Ribfest

Me & myself!

TNT Thanksgiving Day Group Run


So what's up for 2018?  I kinda don't know.  I really don't know where to put my focus.  I will be going back to the Krispy Kreme Challnege for the 4th year in a row in February.  The USATF-NE GP starts up in March at New Bedford and then the Boston Tune-up 15k.  I guess right now those are the races I should be gearing up for.

Later in the year there are more GP race.  Dave wants to run a Spring marathon, but I am still up in the air on focusing on doing that.

There may be an adventure run in August and then I am sure I will do a Fall marathon.

I guess in general, I would like to just be in better running shape this year and race more....but race while in shape instead of feeling like I am always fighting to get in shape!

Also....I will be doing more cyclocross races this year.  I am in the process of acquiring a bike and I have been supplementing my runs with some trainer rides.  I am hoping jumping on the trainer after runs will help with some leg strength, help my fat-ass lose some weight and of course get me cyclocross race ready come the Summer/Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment