Thursday, February 7, 2019

January 2019 Recap

January has been a pretty productive month on the training front.  I have continued to slowly work on increasing mileage and adding work outs into the mix.  My long runs have also increased and with a good group of guys to run those with, there have not been too many long runs that were us out there just slogging miles.

There were (3) long runs in the month.  The last weekend of the month I had a race and did not run long.  The first long run was 16 miles at 6:53 pace.  The weekend after that was another 16 miles at 6:51 pace finishing the last three miles around 6:18 pace.  Lastly; a 17 mile run with almost 1000 feet of climb at 6:45 pace.

I finished the month with 277.4 miles (up from December's 239.7).  Averaging 62.6/week and 8.94/day.  Nothing crazy, but a start!

I ran the USATF East Region and New England Masters Indoor Championships Meet in Providence on 1/27.  I knew it was going to be ugly, but I went in with realistic expectations.  I seeded myself at 10:15 in the 3k and 5:15 in the miles and ran 10:07 and 5:15.  Last year I ran 9:57 and 5:08, so really not too bad and most importantly I came out of it without any issues in regards to my injury...

We are now less than 10 weeks out from Boston, with lots of work to do.  Boston was never going to be a goal marathon with a PR in mind...but it would be nice to go into it in decent shape and run a well executed race.

Races coming up...
KKC # 5 (which happened this past weekend, write-up to follow)
Foxboro 10 Mile
New Bedford 1/2 Marathon

Ralph, myself, Dave...indoor tracking it.



No comments:

Post a Comment