Thursday, January 10, 2019

November/December 2018 Training

After running the Dublin Marathon at the end of October I took a very easy week, then started my transition back into some sort of normal training.  PT was going good and my injury felt better and better, but I was good throughout November and still kept super minimal mileage, trying to gain some fitness.

I ran a total of 150.2 miles with a long run of just under 9 miles and only 3 days off from running.

December, I kept the progression of longer and longer runs going.  I ran everyday but one, I raced once, I did a couple short work outs and I did some long runs.

I ran a total of 239.7 miles, ran two 13 mile runs and a 14 mile run.

Looking back to my runs in the middle to the end of November, I was generally averaging 7:15 to 7:30 pace with a few runs more upbeat.  I ran the TNT Thanksgiving morning run a hilly course in West Greenwich and was happy to run 7:05 pace...but was beat doing it.

Fast forward to the middle to the end of December and my pace has gotten faster in most runs, with much less effort.  I have been able to finish some longer runs fairly strong.

The race went better than expected at the start of December, I was surprised top be able to run lowish 6's for 6 miles.  I also ran Nooseneck under 7 min pace, feeling good.  That was a great improvement over the TNT Thanksgiving run.

All in all the last 2 months were productive.  I was happy to get back to doing regular Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday group runs.  Hopefully January will continue in the right direction!

Knead Donut Run

Wall outside Knead, Downtown Providence



No comments:

Post a Comment